Prepare your tech gadgets and plan ahead. Storm season is rolling in.
Spring brings storm season to the Midwest home of Mission Repair. Just yesterday afternoon we saw a wild storm blow over our store in Lenexa. When it comes to weather in the Midwest, expect the unexpected! A hot and sunny day can quickly transform into a stormy mess.
You don’t want to be caught unprepared when it comes to your trusty electronic devices. Communication is crucial when Mother Nature strikes. Devices like cell phones, tablets and computers can make all of the difference in keeping you safe during severe weather. We have put together a quick list of tips to get your gadgets ready while you ride the storm out:
- Choose 2-3 weather, news, or safety-related apps to alert you of special warnings and updates. Many local news stations offer apps to live-stream weather reports.
- Charge your device batteries well in advance, in the event that you lose power.
- Forget candles. Utilize the free flashlight app on your phone or tablet if you are in a bind. Get comfortable with turning it on quickly; many devices offer audio commands like “Hey Siri, Turn on my flashlight”
- Program an emergency list of contacts into your phone for easy access. Include family, friends, coworkers, police & fire agencies, power and insurance companies.
- The insurance industry pays out hundreds of thousands of dollars in claims for losses due to lightning each year. The best approach is to unplug your devices before the storm arrives. However, surge protectors can offer some reassurance and protection for around $30-$100.
Caught in the rain and now you have water damage? Power surge from lightning left you with a device that won’t turn on? Startled by a loud boom of thunder and dropped your device, cracking the screen? Accidents happen and Mission Repairs! Stop by your local Mission Repair walk-in location for a quick and cost-effective solution. http://www.MissionRepair.com
Hello M:R Nation –
If you were to look at the calendar with me, you would have to agree that we are smack dab in the middle of spring. However, when you take a look at the below image, you are surly to think otherwise…
If you have been an audience to this blog over the last few months, you know how crazy of a weather ride Kansas City has taken and in true Kansas/Missouri fashion, its not over yet! What we hope is the last mention of snow for the next 20 years, is scheduled to arrive this afternoon and last through the night (no worries, we are still open).
From what I am hearing, we will have little to no accumulation, but this is just no comfort us (the people expecting 65 degrees and sunny). As you can see, I have chosen speak for everyone here at Mission Repair and furthermore, everyone in Kansas and Missouri to say we are over this mess!
While I am usually the voice of reason, I have shifted my tone to the voice of complaint. I know its not going to change Mother Natures course, but I sure do feel better about it now. Yes, I know I should use this blog to talk about GS3 and iPad Mini repairs, but I just had to get this one out. Thanks for hanging in there with me 😉
Hello M:R Nation,
In typical Kansas City fashion, we have made a 180 degree turn to blizzard like conditions in about a days time. The snow and wind have pretty much just started and will last until about 1pm and turn into mostly sunny skies…
Can you see it pelting my office window?
I would think say its safe to say our weather in this part of the world is a cause of major emotional issues. To go from 69 and sunny to 29 and snowy/windy is certainly depressing. Mother nature really played us this time around 😉
Well, the weather might always changing, but Mission Repair is sticking by its old stubborn ways of great customer service, awesome turn around times, new services and great prices! I wish everyone form sunny Southern California to the storm filled East Coast a safe and wonderful day!