We have a full line of iPad screen repairs- and thank you for your patience while waiting for iPad Air 2 Screen repairs, they are coming soon!
The bulk of our iPad repairs are glass replacements for the iPad 2; and there are times it seems that we’re just never going to get through them all! There are a lot of these units out in the market, and with our Got Repair program, we get repeat units in on a daily basis.
There are a lot of other repair companies out there that charge an extra fee for these repairs over their stated repair fee; and it’s to “modify” the back case in order to get a new glass panel to sit flush in the unit once repaired.
The back cases on the full-size iPads are made of aluminum…pretty “thin” aluminum, that will bend if dropped in just the right way. Once the back case bends, it can “fold” into the glass, causing it to crack. Once a technician removes and then lays a new piece of glass into the frame, it may not sit correctly because the back case is “folded” into the area that they glass would sit.
The back case needs to be modified in order for the glass to sit properly.
Mission Repair does not charge for this “rework” to the aluminum back panel. In some cases it’s just a matter of “massaging” the corner of the iPad a bit; in other cases a tiny bit of grinding may be involved. But in all cases when a corner is dented it needs to be reworked before the glass can be put in. It’s a matter of physics.
Our customers have the advantage of always replacing the back case with a brand new one if they so choose; but a small modification to the dented corner of their cracked iPad is typically not an issue. So we’ll do it…and do it for free. Check on this issue with your service provider if you plan on using a repair center other than Mission Repair. It’s good to know what you’re getting into ahead of time!
Thanks, I’ll take to you again soon, Ryan
Good Morning M:R Nation –
In an attempt to empty my head of all the thoughts I have had over the weekend, I have decided to post in a little different format (Some words have been altered as to not offend). I read about doing this a couple of months back and I thought I would use as my audience. Please forgive the randomness and let me know what you think!
- Did you know that last week marked the first day of Spring? Yes, March 20th, 2014 was the Spring Equinox, however, you wouldn’t be able to tell with our current weather situation here in the Kansas City area. It’s cold, cloudy and we are having a few patches of snow throughout the day. Yes, it is as depressing as it sounds. So depressing in fact, I really didn’t want to leave the warmth of my bed this morning, but alas, I’m a grown up now and I have responsibilities….
- Speaking of responsibilities and working and jobs, did you know that Mission Repair is hiring? Yes, we are ALWAYS looking for great people to add to our staff, but this opening is specifically for our Mission Repair Express location as a customer service/ Sales associate! If you have any interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a fan of basketball in the state of Kansas, your heart must have been crushed this weekend…
- We often talk about the iPad 2, but what about the iPad 3 and iPad 4? How in the world can you even tell the difference? Click here to find out!
- Just when I thought the world was void of any really crappy, yet catchy song that I couldn’t stop listing to, #SELFIE has been unleashed on my ear drums! I love it and hate it with all of my being.
- Man, I really wish that they would make “Spring Break Week” a National Holiday. Everyone gets a mandatory paid week off to bake in the sun. I wonder how this would affect the economy? Everyone is off work and ready to spend some money, but no one is open to take your cash!
- When will Apple finally come out with a Smart Watch? I am ready to read my text messages on my wrist!
- Should I upgrade to an iPhone 5S or should I wait for the next generation of iPhone? Or further more, should I switch to a different Smartphone altogether?
- Taco Bell breakfast this week, anyone?
Whew, that was great to get out of my head! I can honestly say that my mind is a little more clear and I’m ready to start my week out right.