Hello M:R Nation –
The iPhone 5 is the phone I personally use, which translates to “The iPhone 5 is the phone I drop on a daily basis”. With that being said, I have to tell you that I just finished up dropping my iPhone 5 for the 100th time and to my surprise, the screen still did not crack. This was a pretty gnarly corner drop too. I was certain it was finally time for me to use our iPhone 5 Glass Repair Service. I am not doing this on purpose. I am not testing a new protective case to put on MissionRepair.com. I am really dropping this thing on accident and it usually happens when I go to put it back into my pants pocket.
As a person with MANY drops to my name. I have come up with some muscle memory reactions when my iPhone slips out of my hands.
- Foot Cushion – This seems to be my go to reaction when I drop my iPhone. I simply stick my foot out to cushion the fall. This equates to about a 2″ fall after all is said and done.
- Quick Grab – More often than not, I am able to catch it mid-fall. This is not a great tip, but hey….
- Jump And Dive – This is just not safe, but I find myself at times diving for my dropped phone. Yes, I have actually found myself on the floor more than once trying to prevent a crack.
- Walk On Carpet – When interacting with my iPhone, I will often make a point to do so on carpet. I know this is ridiculous, but I have yet to crack my glass so I’m adding it to the list.
- Cover My Eyes – I do this most of the time. Now that I think about it, I’m just a lucky gent that just happens to not drop it the right way. I think my days are numbered.
But until that day comes, I will continue with my beloved foot cushion and closed eye method which has worked for me through today.
What’s your method of saving your phone? Let me know!
Of course the bottom line is that if you should happen to crack that screen in the event that one of your acrobatic maneuvers doesn’t work, call us at Mission Repair and we’ll get you fixed up fast. 866-638-8402.
You must be logged in to post a comment.