Hello M:R Nation –
The term “Cracked iPad Screen” has become a vague term over the last couple of years. With all of the revisions of the iPad and the fact that when you have a “broken screen”, that might mean 3 different things. With a new iPad being released about once every year, we have quickly accumulated many services to offer and it can be confusing. Here is a quick list of the iPads that we service:
Original iPad (Wifi & 3G)
iPad 2 (Wifi & 3G)
iPad 2 REV A (Wifi & 3G)
iPad 3 aka The New iPad (Wifi & 3G)
iPad 4 aka iPad with Retina Display (Wifi & 3G)
iPad Mini (Wifi & 3G)
Now, each of these iPad models have a separate Glass and LCD screen. Here is a quick visual or what each part looks like separately:
On the left, you will see the iPad “Glass”. This glass has a special layer that senses your touch. This is what we call a digitizer. the digitizer is adhered to the glass by a special optical adhesive. When the glass cracks, the digitizer will often continue to function which is great, until you start cutting your fingers on the broken glass, YIKES!
On the right, you will notice the LCD screen. This is what generates the picture that you interface with when you are using the iPad. It’s just like your TV, but a lot smaller! When this breaks, it will usually look as if your screen has an ink blotch on it or you will see lines through the entire length of the picture. More on this to come…
You can start to see what I mean when I say the term “Cracked iPad Screen” is a vague one. With so many different models and the possibility of the glass, LCD or both screens being broken, you should try to become as knowledgeable as you can before taking your iPad in or sending your iPad out for repair.
Why is that? Because the best consumer is a well informed consumer. You will want to make sure that you are ordering the correct service for your iPad. This could be the difference between a reasonable repair and an expensive one! Of course, with the right repair center, you can just send it in and they will fairly assess your situation and charge you correctly, but NOT ALL REPAIR CENTERS ARE CREATED EQUAL! We all know how you can be treated at an automotive repair shop, just know that electronic repair centers can be just a bad.
Alright, so lets identify what iPad you actually have. The best way for you to do this is by looking at the back of your iPad and locating your model number.
|iPad mini Wi-Fi||Late 2012||A1432|
|iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular||Late 2012||A1454|
|iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)||Late 2012||A1455|
|iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi||Late 2012||A1458|
|iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular||Late 2012||A1459|
|iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)||Late 2012||A1460|
|iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi||Early 2012||A1416|
|iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)||Early 2012||A1403|
|iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular||Early 2012||A1430|
|iPad 2 (CDMA model)||2011||A1397|
|iPad 2 (GSM model)||2011||A1396|
|iPad (Wi-Fi + 3G)||2010||A1337|
Ok, now that you have your iPad identified, lets decide what service you actually need. The best way to do this is to just show you. Below are examples of both a cracked glass and LCD screen:
Shatter patterns on your glass will vary and your LCD might not look exactly like this, but you can clearly tell by both images what is what. Click on the image to get a closer view if needed.
Ok, so you now know what iPad you have, you have identified what screen is broken and now all you need to determine is where you will have it repaired. You are already ahead of the curve by being on the Mission:Repair blog! Now let me give you a few more reason to just follow through this link: iPad Repair and have your iPad repaired correctly by the masters :-)!
- We are not two guys in our parents basement – We know everyone has to start somewhere, but there is a risk by taking your device to be repaired by someone who is most likely not practicing business legally. Come walk into our location 7 days a week to have your iPhone repaired!
- Dollar focused – We try very hard to always give the best prices. We are humans too and know that living is hard and making a living is even harder. We take this into consideration when setting a price on a repair service. If you search on Missionrepair.com or coupon websites, you are bound to find some great coupon codes as well!
- Our Warranties are among the best in the industry with a 1 year on all of our screen repairs and lifetime on our battery services!
- People love us – A lot of our business is word of mouth and we work extremely hard for that! Our customer service is second to none and we treat each customer fairly!
- Got Repair? This is a benefit unlike any other that you will see and its very simple. If you repair your iPhone with Mission Repair, you will NEVER have to pay full price to repair that screen on that iPhone again! In most cases, we are talking about a 40% decrease in price should you damage your screen again and the best part, its free! You don’t have to pay a deductible, monthly dues and you are automatically signed up for this, just by using us as your repair center!
- Quality Parts and service – When you use Mission Repair, you are receiving the best replacement parts and those parts are being installed by technicians that are professionally trained to do so!
In closing, I hope you have gained the knowledge that you need to make an informed decision about your iPad screen repair. It can be daunting task, having something repaired…finding out exactly what you need, finding someone to repair it and attempting to live without your beloved device all are stress creators. Choosing Mission Repair will be the first step in relieving some of that stress. You can call us at 866-638-8402, live chat us on http://www.missionrepair.com or click this link: iPad Repair to get started on your iPad repair today!