Hello everyone, this post is in response to the THOUSANDS of you that have read our earlier post about the iPhone 4 glass replacements. I just need to clarify some of the questions that we receive constantly about this particular repair.
The dreaded iPhone 5 “cracked glass” issue!
We are flowing a massive amount of iPhone 4 glass Replacements through our business these days – iPhone 5 parts and repairs are steadily growing and I want to clear up a few inquiries right here:
1. The 4/4S Glass,Digitizer and LCD WILL NOT WORK in your iPhone 5. As they look similar, they are 100% different products and not interchangeable.
2. The iPhone 5 Glass Repair is more expensive than the 4 and 4S iPhone Screen Repair. The reason is that the iPhone 5 version of the glass is a new technology called In-cell display. What this means is the display on the iPhone 5 is interlaced together like a carbon fiber, apposed to the iPhone 4/4s displays that are just fused on top of each other. With In-cell technology,you have a much better picture and can create a much thinner display.
3. You cannot just replace the glass on the iPhone 5. To fix a cracked glass on an iPhone 5 we must replace the glass, digitizer and the LCD as I stated above. These parts are (for a lack of better term) “interlaced” together from the factory. There is just no way to safely separate and reuse any of these parts.
4. You cannot use “plexiglass” and perform your own “cheap” repair. This is ridiculous. I have seen posts advising this and I challenge anyone to prove that they can get the touch digitizer and LCD off of their broken glass front and get it to work with a home made plexiglass front. Can’t be done.
5. We do sell “Do-it-yourself” iPhone 4 Glass assemblies & iPhone 4S Glass assemblies and we will soon offer the same for the black and white iPhone 5.
This will help with some of the common questions, for sure. We know that there are many theories out there but you can take solid advice from us here at Mission Repair. We’ve repaired THOUSANDS of units and it makes perfect sense to listen to the voice of experience. Still have questions? Give us a call at 866-638-8402 and we’ll get you on the phone with a technician right away!